20 June 2012

Longer Spain Trips

In addition to one day trip a month, I also tried to take one longer trip within Spain a month. I've already talked about Malaga and Barcelona in a past entry, but here are more places I went to in Spain.

Barcelona

Malaga

Nerja (Malaga)

Bilbao

Bilbao was the city in Spain that I'd most like to live in. What used to be a dirty port city, has now become one of the most modern and trendy cities in Spain. Home to the Guggenheim museum, Bilbao is located in the Basque country which is famous for its separatist movements and cuisine. Bilbao and San Sebastian held some of my favorite food in Europe.

San Sebastian

Not far from Bilbao lies San Sebastian. San Sebastian is known as one of the most expensive cities in Spain, and given the amazing beach and mountain landscapes, who wouldn't want to live there.

Valencia

When my family was visiting in me in Spain, we decided to spend a long weekend in Valencia. Two hours away on the AVE (high speed train), Valencia is a nice break from the chilly, cloudy Madrid winter.

Granada

Home to the famous Alhambra, Granada was my last trip inside of Spain. I spent nearly a week in the city visiting my friend Lyla (you'll find a picture of us with a bear we found). Famous for their giant, free tapas (snacks you receive when purchasing a drink) is another great place to visit when in Spain.

Antequera

Since I had so much time in Granada, I decided to take a day trip to Antequera. Located in the province of Malaga, Antequera was another Moorish stronghold. It was a great trip to escape the city that is Grenada and see some of the countryside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment